Welcome & assistance at airport & transfer to Kandy. En-Route Visit Pinnawala
Pinnawala – Elephant orphanage
Pinnawala orphanage is situated in Rambukkana, northwest of the town Kegalla, halfway between the present capital Colombo and the ancient royal residence Kandy in the hills of central Sri Lanka. It was established 1975 by the Sri Lanka Wildlife department. This 24 acres large elephant orphanage is an also breeding pace for elephants, the first elephant baby was born in 1984, and it has the greatest herd of elephants in captivity in the world. Between 1975 and 2012, 67 animals were born here.
Lunch at Outside Indian Restaurant. Check in To Hotel. Evening View Of cultural show. Evening city Tour at Kandy (Lake drive , Gem Museum, Silk shop, Batik etc…..) Dinner and Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy.
Kandy – Bentota
Breakfast at the Hotel. Visit Temple of Tooth.
Dalada Maligawa – Temple of Tooth
Located in Kandy, long a center of the Buddhist faith, the stunning 17th-century Temple of the Tooth (Śrī Dalada Maligawa) is believed to house the left upper canine tooth of the Lord Buddha himself. This precious relic attracts white-clad pilgrims, bearing lotus blossoms and frangipani, every day.
According to legend, the tooth was taken from the Buddha as he lay on his funeral pyre. It was smuggled to Sri Lanka in 313 AD, hidden in the hair of Princess Hemamali who fled the Hindu armies besieging her father’s kingdom in India. It immediately became an object of great reverence and was enshrined in a series of nested jeweled reliquaries. The tooth was brought out for special occasions and paraded on the backs of elephants, which are sacred to the Buddha. Where it survived numerous attempts to capture and destroy it. When the capital was moved to Kandy, the tooth was taken to the new city and placed in temples built to honor it. The temple was originally built under Kandyan kings between 1687 and 1707
Visit Botanical Garden – Royal Botanical Garden
Peradeniya has situated about 5.5 km to the west from the city of Kandy in the Central Province of Sri Lanka. And attracts 1.2 million visitors annually, It is renowned for its collection of a variety of orchids. It includes more than 300 varieties of orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees. Attached to it is the National Herbarium. The total area of the botanical garden is 147 acres (0.59 km2), at 460 meters above sea level, and with a 200-day annual rainfall. It is managed by the Division of National Botanic Gardens of the Department of Agriculture. The origins of the Botanic Gardens date as far back as 1371 when King Wickramabahu III ascended the throne and kept court at Peradeniya near Mahaweli River. This was followed by King Kirti Sri and King Rajadhi Rajasinghe. A temple was built on this location by King Wimala Dharma, but it was destroyed by the British when they were given control over the Kingdom of Kandy. Thereafter, the groundwork for a botanical garden was formed by Alexandar Moon in 1821. The Botanical Garden at Peradeniya was formally established in 1843 with plants brought from Kew Garden, Slave Island, Colombo, and the Kalutara Garden in Kalutara. The Royal Botanic Garden, Peradeniya was made more independent and expanded under George Gardner as superintendent in 1844.On his death in 1849 George Henry Kendrick Thwaites became superintendent. The Garden came under the administration of the Department of Agriculture when it was established in 1912.
Lunch at an Outside Indian restaurant..
Spicy Garden at Mawanella
Sri Lanka is world renowned for its valued spices and healing herbs. Our lush spice and herbal gardens feature many important herbs such as Sandalwood, Margosa, Cocoa, Citronella, Almond, Jasmine and Coconut. When visiting us, make the most of the chance to experience first-hand how cloves, pepper, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and saffron are grown in their natural surroundings. At Regent Spice and Herbal Garden you can learn of their medicinal healing properties and how to use them in your day to day needs. Used worldwide in many medicines, the healing powers of spices have been respected from the time of the Pharaohs and Chinese Dynasties, while our herbs are used in Ayurvedic concoctions.
Evening Stay Leisure at Beach. Dinner and Overnight stay at Hotel in Bentota
Breakfast at the Hotel. Proceed to Madu River Journey
Visit Turtle Hatchery – Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project (“KSTCP”)
One of the most important activities of the project is its hatchery.
Lunch at outside Indian restaurant. Evening go to Water Sports. Dinner and Overnight stay at Hotel in Bentota
Bentota – Colombo
Breakfast at the Hotel. Return to Colombo. Lunch at outside Indian restaurant
Shopping and city Tour at Colombo
Colombo is the largest city of Sri Lanka and its commercial capital. The city is strategically located on the east west trade route and is a major business hub of the country. The city serves as a major port and the largest financial center of Sri Lanka. Colombo is a blend of old and the new. The city is bestowed with some of the most beautiful historic sites.
The city is also the most modernized city of Sri Lanka. The most famous architecture of the city includes the Dutch Era buildings, the British era buildings and the Colombo Fort. Colombo is a city of many festivals. The most important festival of Colombo is the celebration of Lord Buddha’s Birth, Enlightenment and Death. The city of Colombo is decorated with lanterns during this festival. The festival takes place in the month of May. The other major festival that is celebrated in Colombo is Christmas. The city of Colombo is also the Media and the Fashion center of Sri Lanka.
Dinner and Overnight stay at hotel in Colombo. They may attend to nightlife at Colombo
Breakfast at the Hotel. Transfer from Colombo to airport for departure.
- Arrival assistance at the Colombo Airport by our representative
- The accommodation in the hotels mentioned or similar. Check-in / Check-out 1200 noon
- Stay at DBL Sharing room stay Basis
- 04 Breakfast & Dinner @ the hotel
- 04 Lunch @ Outside Indian Restaurant
- City tour & shopping tour- Without Entrance Fees
- Complementary Entrance Ticket to Cultural Show at Kandy
- All Transfer by Air-conditioned private vehicles with an English /Hindi/Tamil Speaking Tour Guide
- Fuel and Local insurance for the vehicle
- Complimentary visit to Model Tea Factory & Internationally Curated Elephant Museum & Gallery at Pinnawala (Only if Clients visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphange)
- Complimentary Cultural show at Kandy
- Complementary SIM card on arrival
- Complementary Head and shoulder massage at Spice garden
- Two complementary water bottle (500ml) each person each day
- Discount card for Clothing and Gem shopping
- All applicable tax (Sri Lankan government Taxes Only)
- Entrance fees other than mention in Inclusion
- Video and Camera permits at sights
- Meals Outside of the stated meal plan
- Use of vehicle other than the specified itinerary
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any other services not specified above
- Early check in & Late check out at the hotels (Check in & Check out time 12.00 to 12.00 Noon)
|No. of nights||Destination||Hotels|
|01 N||Kandy||Emerald Hills – 3* or Devon Hotel – 3*|
|02 N||Bentota (Wadduwa)||Ocean Queen – 4*|
|01 N||Colombo||Berjaya – 3*|
- The above star classification is based on local industry standards and it is not based on international standards. Classification of hotels may be vague in certain cases so we urge the customer to check the reviews of hotels.
- All meals are arranged on an estimation basis. When the restaurants are crowded, we will make every effort to ensure that food is refilled immediately. However, the customers may be required to wait for a short time to ensure that the food is refilled
- Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
- Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date
- Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date
- 10% of full tour cost – 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
- 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
- 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.
Terms & Conditions
- Hotel accommodation is strictly subject to availability at the time of booking
- In case the guests miss any tour due to any reason without prior information, AJ Travels Pvt. Ltd. will not be responsible in any manner whatsoever
- No refund will be offered for any pre-booked activities
- All Special requests will be accepted on emails only, verbal communications of any kind stand invalid.
- Duration : 5 Days & 4 Nights
- Places to Visit : : Kandy - Bentota - Colombo