Tour – 5 Days & 4 Nights
Explore the land of undulating hills and plains with luxuriant green cover and a wide variety or rare and exotic flora and fauna. Each of this state is more beautiful than the other, each with its own cultural and beliefs, each having its own charm. Because of the regions inaccessibility from the rest of world.
|High Season||Medium Season||Low Season|
|November to May||September, October||June to August|
|Places Covered||Gangtok / Darjeeling|
|Inclusions||Sight Seeing / Break Fast / Accommodation|
|Exclusions||Flights / Bank Remittance Charges / Personal Expenses|
Day 1: Bagdogra Airport / NJP Station – Gangtok (130 KMS / 5 HRS)
Pick-up from Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station to be taken to Gangtok (5500 ft) -the Land of the Pristine and unspoilt natural beauty of Sikkim, with alpine landscapes and thick luxuriant forests, rivers in torrent and peaceful lakes, a journey 130kms & takes 5hrs to reach Gangtok, arrive at the hotel & check-in. Relax & refresh yourself & then walk to the mall which is just 5 minutes away & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 2: Gangtok – Tsomgo Lake – Gangtok
After breakfast, proceed to Tsomgo Lake (12,313 ft), a 40kms drive which takes 2.5 hrs. This lake is located very close to Nathula Pass which is the entry point to China termed as the “Silk Route & remains frozen for most parts of the year. Legend has it that the Lamas use to forecast the future by studying the colour of the lakes waters. Enjoy the surroundings, majestic snowy peaks which feed the lake and the clean fresh air, back to Gangtok by 3 pm for a late lunch. Evening free for leisure or go shopping for Sikkimese traditional handicrafts & overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 3: Gangtok – Darjeeling
(0900hrs-1300hrs) After breakfast, visit to Cottage Industries, Started during the time of the Chogyals of Sikkim, as a venture to preserve, protect and propagate the authentic Sikkimese arts, handicrafts and skills of local and village artisans, it has become one of the major attractions for people visiting Sikkim where beautiful souvenirs like carpets, hand carved tables (choktses), traditional handcrafts, furniture, handlooms carpets and other products are produced & exhibited for sale. Flower Show, at one end and below the Ridge Park is the Flower Exhibition Centre which holds the annual Orchid show. Inside the area is not very large but it has amazing collections of flowers of many different types, if you are a flower lover, then this is the place for you. But the best time is between March to June when the Orchids are in full bloom and put on display, Do-Drul Chorten (Stupa) which is one of the most important stupas of Sikkim, built by the head of the Nyingma order- Trullshi Rimpoche in 1945. It contains rare details of Dorji Phupa, Holy Books, Mantras and is encircled by 108 prayer wheels; The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology built in 1958 in traditional style, a renowned worldwide centre for the study of the Mahayana Buddhist philosophy & religion, a treasure house of rare “Thankas”, statues, over 200 Buddhist icons and prized objects of art & finally Ban Jhakhri Waterfalls.
After lunch, depart for 96 kms & 3hr 30mins journey to reach Darjeeling (7100 ft), the “Queen of the hill stations”, its name derived from “Dorje-Line” which means the place of “Dorje”, the mystic thunderbolt. After a very scenic drive thru the mountains, tea gardens etc. It is an experience of unforgettable beauty. Reach Darjeeling & check-in at hotel.
Spend the evening lazing around or walk up to the mall area & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 4: Darjeeling (Full day local’s)
Start the day at 4 am with an early morning trip to Tiger Hill (7800 Ft) to catch the sunrise from behind the majestic Kanchenjunga range. On the way back visit the Ghoom Monastery & Batasia Loop, back to the hotel for breakfast.
(09:00 AM TO 03:00 PM) After breakfast, proceed for a half day Darjeeling local sightseeing of the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Ropeway, Zoo, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugees Self Help Centre, Tea Garden (outer view) & Japanese Temple. Back to the hotel by evening; take a walk to “Chowrasta” the centre point of the Mall area. You can do some window shopping & overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 5: Darjeeling – Bagdogra / NJP drop (72 kms/3.5 hrs)
After breakfast, checkout from the hotel & proceed to Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station for onwards destination.
- Rates are not valid for peak Festive season i.e. New Year , Diwali , Pushkar fair etc.
- Rates are based on Hotels Subject to Availability at the time of making Reservation. In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels,alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
- Rates are subject to change if there is any Fair & Festival, Major conference, events in travel destination
- Early check in / late checks out is subject to availability of rooms
- Cancellation charges would be as per the company policy.
- Vehicle confirmed will be as per Itinerary and not at disposal. AC will work only in the plains and will be switched off during hill drives.
- All sightseeing mentioned are subject to weather conditions, political conditions & traffic conditions in the destination.
- Any sightseeing missed due to natural calamities / weather conditions is non-refundable.
- All entrances fees will be on direct payment basis as per Itinerary
- It is not advisable to travel in night, if necessary supplement charge applicable
|For 02 persons||$425 USD Per Person|
|Child with Bed (CWB)||$155 USD Per child|
|Child without Bed (CNB)||$90 USD Per child|
- All rates above are valid from 1st April to 30th June 2018.
- All rates above are on per person twin sharing basis.
- 15% Travel agent commission on 02 Pax rates (No Commission on Extra Bed, Child with/without bed rates).
- Children 12 years & above are charged as adults.
- Children of 05 to -12 years will be charged as per CWB/CNB.
- Below 05 years, complimentary.
- Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
- Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date
- Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date
- 10% of full tour cost – 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
- 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
- 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.
- This package is valid for Indian passport holders only.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- All transfers & sightseeing by 01 NAC Wagon R/NAC Sumo Ex Bagdogra/NJP which is not on disposal, but point-to-point basis.
- GST included on hotel part ONLY.
- A 24 – hour helpline.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- No Hidden Cost
- In case upgrade vehicle to a mix of 01 AC Innova/Xylo/Scorpio for all Transfers & Sightseeing, add Rs. 3500+ 5% GST to the total cost…
- Bank Remittance charges
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage
- GST Extra On Transport @ Rs. 1010…..Or Cash Payment
- Visit to Nathula Pass (India -China border) @ Rs. 6800+ 5% GST/- per vehicle extra on the total cost.
- Joy ride on the toy train in Darjeeling @ Rs. 650+ 5% GST /- per person ticket + Rs. 600+ 5% GST per vehicle extra on the total cost.
- En-route visit to Chardham (Namchi) @ Rs. 2800+ 5% GST /- per vehicle extra on the total cost…
- En-route visit to Mirik @ Rs. 1200+ 5% GST /- per vehicle extra on the total cost.
- Any difference arising due to increase in fuel price or change in taxes levied by the government.
- Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, bandhs/strikes, natural calamities like landslides, road blockages etc. In such a case, the extra cost would have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, who is directly payable on the spot)
- Any increase in Airlines taxes or fuel price at the time of departure, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
- Still camera/ video camera charger