Tour – 10 Days & 9 Nights
People feel Assam is famous just for its tea gardens, but there is more to this North East Indian hill station than meets the eyes. If you really wish to explore every splendid nook and corner of this wonderful north eastern state of India in the best possible way, then our Assam Tour Package is the best option for you. Right from the tea gardens, to rubber plantations, to Kaziranga National Park, to archaeological ruins, everything that ideally defines Assam’s beauty and culture is covered by our tour package. Moreover, our package is very light on pocket; thus, you don’t need to think twice before making the deal.
|High Season||Medium Season||Low Season|
|November to May||September, October||June to August|
|Places Covered||Cherrapunjee / Shillong / Sibsagar / Kaziranga / Guwahati|
|Inclusions||Sight Seeing / Break Fast / Accommodation|
|Exclusions||Flights / Bank Remittance Charges / Personal Expenses|
Day 1: Arrival
Pickup from Guwahat airport/ rly station & transfer to Cherrapunjee, which experience the 2ndheaviest rainfall in the world. Cherapunjee is also famous for the beautiful landscape. Cherrapunji, currently the historical name Sohra is more commonly used; alternative spellings are Cherrapunjee and Charrapunji), is a subdivisional town in the East Khasi Hills district in the Indian state of Meghalaya. It is credited as being the wettest place on Earth. Check in at hotel, overnight stay at Cherrapunjee.
Day 2: Cherrapunjee
After breakfast, proceed to Cherrapunjee sightseeing, scenic circular route covering:
- Mawsmai caves, situated around 6 Kms from Cherrapunjee, these limestone caves have the distinction of being the only caves in Meghalaya that are lit enough to enable people to enjoy the natural formations inside. Though the caves are long, only a distance of 150 meters is open for tourists, while the rest is closed. The stalactites and stalagmites in the caves come in innumerable forms, shapes and sizes. This magnificent natural wonder has been created by years of natural abrasion and flowing under ground water.
- Seven Sisters Fall, plunging down a height of 1,035 ft, the Nohsngithiang Fall is the fourth highest waterfall in India. This fall is located a few kilometres from Cherrapunjee. The fall derives its name from the seven streams that flow down the plateau. This waterfall is also known as Seven Sister Fall or Mawsmai Fall, the latter being the name of the village – a must see during the monsoons, when the streams are inundated with water and flow down rapidly forming a perennialrainbow.
- Dainthlen Fall
- The Living Root bridges (Umkar Root Bridge) are made from the roots of the Ficuselastica tree, which produces a series of secondary roots that are perched atop huge boulders along the streams or the riverbanks to form bridges.
- The living root bridges, some of which are over a hundred feet long, take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they’re extraordinarily strong – strong enough that some of them can support the weight of fifty or more people at a time. The bridges are alive and still growing and gain strength over time.
Back to the hotel by evening. Overnight stay at Cherrapunjee.
Day 3: Cherrapunjee – Mawlynnong – Shillong
After breakfast drive to Mawlennlyong- said to be the cleanest village in Asia. Visit the sky view point- a maze of bamboo pathways which takes you above the tree tops to get a clear view of the Bangladesh plains. Mawlynnong is a village in the East Khasi Hills district of the Meghalaya state, India. It is famous for its cleanliness and natural attraction. Mawlynnong was awarded the prestigious tag of ‘Cleanest Village in Asia’ in 2003 by Discover India Magazine. Onwards to Shillong& overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 4: Shillong
Local sight seeing in and around Shillong – Don Bosco Church, Wards Lake, DBCIC, Butterfly Museum, Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 5: Shillong – Sivasagar (400 Kms/08 Hours)
After Breakfast, checkout and drive to Sivasagar. Reach by evening. Overnight at hotel.
Day 6: Sivasagar
Shiva Dol: Sivasagar and the erstwhile Rangpur is full of historic relics bearing testimony to the 600 years of the Ahom rule. The Shiva Dole standing in between the Vishnu Dole and Devi Dole has got the most imposing look and solemnity.
Vishnu Dol : Vishnu Dol is one of the three great temples of Sivasagar. It is situated in the same campus of Shiva Dole
Devi Dole : The third one of the great temples of Sivasagar is Devi Dol. This temple was dedicated to Hindu Goddess Durga 300 years back
Sivasagar Tank : Lying beside the three most beautiful Doles, one of the important habitats of migratory birds during the winter season. It is the most attractive landscape of the town
Joy Dole and Joy Sagar Tank: Joysagar tank is the largest man-made tank in the world. It has a total area of 318 acres including the four banks. This tank and the three beautiful temples on it’s bank were built the most powerful Ahom king RudrSingha
Ranghar: What is remarkable about this monument is that it happened to be a unique structure built for this specific purpose not only in india but in entire Asia at that time
KarengGhar: The palace is a four storied building and arranged in gradually receding tiers. The top floor has dome like roof with a chamber. It had four watch towers originally of which now only two can be seen
TalatalGhar: Recent archaeological excavation has exposed the remains of burnt wooden logs, post holes, burnt brick structures and pathways on the northern and western sides respectively. The remains of wooden logs and post holes suggest that a structure of impermanent material did exist at the site
Gourisagar Tank and Dol: Gourisagar is the name given to a small village Bezgaon by the Ahom queen Phuleswari after the construction of the three temples. There is a huge tank dug in front of the temples. All the constructions were finished by 1723
Overnight at hotel.
Day 7: Sibsagar – Kaziranga (3.5 hrs, 170 kms)
Morning after breakfast depart for Kaziranga, …arrive by noon. Overnight stay.
Day 8: Kaziranga National Park
- (ON DIRECT PAYMENT)Morning Elephant safari
- (ON DIRECT PAYMENT)After breakfast Jeep Safari to the Eastern Range. After lunch Jeep Safari to the Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 9: Kaziranga – Guwahati (5 hrs, 240 kms)
Morning Transfer to Guwahati. Afternoon, visit The Kamakhya Temple, Fancy Bazaar…. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 10: Guwahati – Airport / railway station drop
Transfer to Guwahati airport to catch your flight
- Rates are not valid for peak Festive season i.e. New Year , Diwali , Pushkar fair etc.
- Rates are based on Hotels Subject to Availability at the time of making Reservation. In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels,alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel
- Rates are subject to change if there is any Fair & Festival, Major conference, events in travel destination
- Early check in / late checks out is subject to availability of rooms
- Cancellation charges would be as per the company policy.
- Vehicle confirmed will be as per Itinerary and not at disposal. AC will work only in the plains and will be switched off during hill drives.
- All sightseeing mentioned are subject to weather conditions, political conditions & traffic conditions in the destination.
- Any sightseeing missed due to natural calamities / weather conditions is non-refundable.
- All entrances fees will be on direct payment basis as per Itinerary
- It is not advisable to travel in night, if necessary supplement charge applicable
|For 02 persons||$575 USD Per Person|
|For 04 persons||$440 USD Per Person|
|For 06 persons||$390 USD Per Person|
|For 08 persons||$360 USD Per Person|
|Extra Bed||$145 USD Per Person|
- Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
- Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date
- Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date
- 10% of full tour cost – 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
- 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
- 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- All transfers & sightseeing by 01 AC swift dzire (2-3 pax), AC Sumo (4 –8pax) ,on disposal as per itinerary
- NOTE– AC would not work on a steep gradient
- All toll taxes, parking fees, Fuel and driver’s allowances
- A 24 – hour helpline.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- No Hidden Cost
- (Dzire to Innova) In case upgrade vehicle to a mix of 01 AC Innova/Xylo/Scorpio for all Transfers & Sightseeing, add Rs. 8850 to the total cost.
- (Sumo to Innova) In case upgrade vehicle to a mix of 01 AC Innova/Xylo/Scorpio for all Transfers & Sightseeing, add Rs. 6000 to the total cost.
- Bank Remittance charges
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage
- GST & all Government Taxes
- Visit to Dawki
- Any Safari at Kaziranga, park entryfees
- Any monuments fee
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, who is directly payable on the spot)
- Any increase in Airlines taxes or fuel price at the time of departure, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
- Still camera/ video camera charger