NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Phuentsholing (1 Night)
(Distance: 170 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293 mts.)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport and transfer to Phuentsholing (961 ft.)- The Gateway of Bhutan by Road from India. It is a thriving commercial center on the northern edge of the Indian Plains. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Phuentsholing.
Phuentsholing – Thimphu (1 Night)
(Distance: 176 kms. / Driving Time: 6 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2350 mts.)
After breakfast complete the immigration formalities and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in at the hotel. In the evening, visit the Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Thimphu Sightseeing – Punakha / Wangdue (1 Night)
(Distance: 77 kms. / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310 mts.)
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue), National Memorial Chorten (Monument) & Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon transfer to Punakha / Wangdue Phodrang (4,300 ft.), via Dochu-La-Pass (10,170 ft.) to view the higher Himalayas. The pass also has 108 Druk Wangyal Khangzang Chorten which is believed brings multi fold merit to all sentient beings and which make the pass a must visit place. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Punakha (4298 ft.)/ Wangdue Phodrang.
Excursion to Gangtey (Phobjikha) OR Punakha Sightseeing (1 Night)
(Excursion to Gangtey – Distance: 78 kms. One way / Driving Time: 3 hrs.)
After breakfast, start for full day excursion trip to Gangtey (9,840 ft.). Gangtey is the home of Black Necked Crane which migrates from the arid plains of Tibet in the north. It is a beautiful valley of Bhutan. You can also visit Gangtey Gompha. Evening return back. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Punakha / Wangdue Sightseeing – Paro (1 Night)
(Distance: 140 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Paro: 2280 mts.)
After breakfast check out from hotel with bag & baggage’s and visit the Punakha Dzong – built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. After that take a short and easy hike to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang – The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. After noon drive to Paro. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro (7483 ft.)
Paro Sightseeing (1 Night)
After breakfast start full day sightseeing covering Ta Dzong – National Museum with an excellent collection of Bhutanese antiquities, Rinpung Dzong – the administrative seat of the district of Paro. Afternoon visit Drukgyel Dzong – The Dzong was destroyed by fire in 1951 and is now preserved as heritage site & Kyichu Lhakhang – one of the oldest Buddist temples in Bhutan. Overnight stay at Paro.
Excursion to Taktshang Monastery (1 Night)
After breakfast hike to the famous Taktsang Monastery – called “Tiger’s Nest” (2hrs hike from the base camp). Overnight stay at Paro.
Paro – Phuentsholing (1 Night)
(Distance: 200 kms. / Driving Time: 7 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293 mts.)
After breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to Phuentsholing. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Phuentsholing.
Phuentsholing – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport
(Distance: 170 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of NJP/IXB: 89 mts.)
After breakfast check out from the hotel and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- A 24 – hour helpline.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Guide charges (Only Bhutan Portion).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- GST & Travel Insurance.
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
Note: We will use Ac Indigo for 02-03 heads and for 04 – 06 heads we will use Ac Innova.
|Destinations||Premium + (MAP)||Premium (MAP)||Classy(MAP)||Luxury (MAP)||Superior (MAP)||Delux (MAP)|
|Phuentsholing||The Druk Hotel / Tashi Namgay Grand (DLX) / Similar||The Druk Hotel / Tashi Namgay Grand (DLX) / Similar||Bhutan Ga Me Ga/ The Druk Hotel / Tashi Namgay Grand / Similar||Bhutan Ga Me Ga / The Orchid Hotel/ Similar||Bhutan Ga Me Ga / The Orchid Hotel/ Similar||Hotel Damchen/ Legphel / Tsheringma / Similar|
|Thimphu||Le Meridien (Classic)/ Similar||Le Meridien (Classic)/ Similar||Hotel Ariya / Ramada / Hotel Osel / Similar||Hotel Ariya / Ramada / Namgey Heritage / Similar||Dorjee Elements / Kisa / Pedling /Migmar / Similar||Amodhara / Bhutan Kubera / River Side / Om Tara / Similar|
|Punakha / Wangdue||Dhensa Boutique Resort / Similar||RKPO Green Resort / Similar||Drubchhu Resort / Zhingkham / Similar||Drubchhu Resort / Zhingkham / Similar||Punatsangchhu Cottage / Dragon Nest / Punakha Residency / Similar||Kingaling (Dlx)/ Pema Karpo / Similar|
|Paro||Le Meridien (Deluxe) / Similar||Le Meridien (Classic) / Similar||Le Meridien (Classic)/ Similar||Tashi Namgay Resort / Tenzinling (Balcony Room) / Metta Resort / Golden Roots / Similar||Hotel Olathang / Dewachen Resort / Tashi Phuenshok / Bhutan Mandala Resort / Similar||Namsay Choling Resort / Taktsang Paradise/ Yanki Resort / Khamsum / Similar|
|Hotel Category Details|
|Premium+ Packages||5* Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Premium Packages||5* Equivalent hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Classy Packages||4* Deluxe hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Luxury Packages||4* Equivalent hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Superior Packages||3* Deluxe hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Deluxe Packages||3* Equivalent hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
- Please note packages with Highend Hotels like Uma Group of Hotels, Taj Tashi, Amankora rates are also available on case to case basis.
- Hotels serve both Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian food which would be basic & freshly prepared. Specific regional Indian cuisine will not be available. Only the basic Indian Vegetarian / Non – Vegetarian food can be arranged.
- The above mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per the room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category.
- We believe in giving value for money and we believe that quality comes with a price tag. We at AJ Travels Pvt Ltd. promise to provide the best of our services and keep by our commitments towards quality and the sensitivity of the services.
- Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
- Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date
- Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date
- 10% of full tour cost – 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
- 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
- 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.
Terms & Conditions
- It is important that you follow the suggestions and instructions of your guide in order to have a memorable holiday in Bhutan.
- All the guides provided are trained and certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Indian travelers can carry Indian Currency in INR 100 denominations or smaller notes into Bhutan.
- Tobacco & Tobacco products are banned in Bhutan. However, travelers may carry limited quantity for their personal consumption in payment of taxes as may be applicable the entry points. Please do not use tobacco products in Public places.
- Remember to carry clothing as per the season and temperature in Bhutan during the time of travel.
- It is not recommended to hike to Tiger’s Nest (Takstang Monastery) when you are traveling with small kids. Roads are not like normal hiking as you have to pass through stiff stairs ups and downs.
- Please check with your mobile service provider for charges related to Bhutan.
- Do not bring any plant or agricultural product out of Bhutan. It is illegal.
- Credit cards are accepted in selected establishments in Bhutan. However, it is recommended that you speak with your service provider to find out about the acceptability of credit card in Bhutan.
- Please take off your hats while visiting Dzongs, monasteries and in front of the National Flag. And also ensure that you are properly dressed (such as long sleeves shirts and T Shirts, full pants and covered shoes) while visiting Dzongs, temples and other government offices.
- Taking pictures of some parts and items in the Temples and Dzongs are prohibited. Please follow the instructions from your guide.
- If you buy antiques from Bhutan, please ensure that you have valid bills and cash memo for the same. Bhutan has strict regulations for the same.
- Please be informed that the condition of the road to Bumthang is bad as widening works are going on. It is taking more than 12 Hours to reach Bumthang from Punakha. If there are any bookings for Bumthang, please be informed that beforehand on mandatory basis about the same so that the travelers come prepared.
- Camping facilities in Bhutan are very basic with simple Bhutanese food. Please do not expect international quality of camps in Bhutan.
- Duration : 9 Days & 8 Nights
- Places to Visit : Phuentsholing 2N – Thimphu 1N – Wangdue / Punakha 2N – Paro 3N