Paro Airport – Thimphu (1 Night)
(Distance: 65 kms. / Driving Time: 2 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2350 mts.)
Meet & Greet on arrival at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening explore the Thimpu town by walk. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
Thimphu Sightseeing (1 Night)
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) a place for refreshing with a huge statue of Buddha on the top of the Kuensel Phodrang, National Memorial Chorten (Monument) & Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon visit Sangaygang View Point, Changangkha Monastery, Takin Preserve Centre, the national animal of Bhutan can be seen here. In the evening visit Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu
Thimphu – Punakha/Wangdue Sightseeing (1 Night)
(Distance: 77 kms. / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Punakha / Wangdue, On the way Stop at Dochu-La-Pass (3150 mts.). to view the higher Himalayas. Arrival at Punakha check in at hotel. After noon visit Punakha Dzong – built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. For many years until the time of the second king, it served as the seat of the Government. The Dzong was named Druk Pungthang Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness). Punakha is still the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck convened the first National Assembly here in 1952. After that take a short and easy hike to visit the Chhimi Lhakhang – The Temple, also known as “The Temple of Fertility” was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, “The Devine Mad Man”. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Punakha / Wangdue.
Punakha – Bumthang (1 Night)
(Distance: 212 kms. / Driving Time: 8 hrs. / Altitude of Bumthang: 2600 mts.)
After breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Trongsa across Pele-La-Pass (11.120 ft.) traditional boundary between east & west Bhutan, there is an adrupt change in vegetation, with mountain forest replaced by high altitude dwarf bamboo. Stop Enroute Chendbji Chorten – built in the style of the great Bodhanath Choten of Nepal. Further ahead visit Trongsa Dzong – It was the seat of power over central & eastern Bhutan and Ta Dzong – An ancient watch tower. The chapel inside is said to be dedicated to the Trongsa Penlop Jigme Namgyal. Then drive further to Bumthang over the Yutong-La-Pass (11,155 ft.). While in Chumey valley in Bumthang, visit the Yathra Weaving Factory – It is the most famous textile product of Bumthang. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
* Please note that the road condition after Punakha/Wangdue is poor due to road widening work going on. Travel time may be more than the standard time mentioned above.
Bumthang Sightseeing (1 Night)
After breakfast, 1st half visit Jakar Dzong: Literally meaning the Castle of White Bird. The current structure was built in 1667. Lamey Goemba: A large palace and monastery built in 18th century by Dasho Phuntsho Wangdi Jambay Lhakhang: built by King Srongsen Gampo of Tibet. In October one of the most spectacular festival, “Jambay Lhakhang Drup” is staged here. Chakhar Lhakhang: Literally meaning the Iron Castle, the original palace was made of Iron and hence the name “Chakhar”. Kurjey Lhakhang: Named after body print of Guru Rimpoche. Afternoon 2nd half Visit Tamshing Lhakhang: Literally meaning the Temple of the good message, established in 1501 by Pema Lingpa. Membarstho: Literally meaning, “The burning Lake”. The evening ends visit a local handloom weaving house and Interact with the weavers. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
Excursion to Ura Village (1 Night)
(Distance: 54 kms. One way / Driving Time: 3 hrs. / Altitude of Bumthang: 2600 mts.)
After breakfast start for excursion to Ura village and visit the new Ura monastery. On the way visit the Mebartso – The burning lake. Stroll around the village and return back to hotel. Evening walk to the Swiss farm where apple juice, cider, cheese etc are made. Overnight stay at Bumthang (8530 ft.).
Bumthang – Punakha / Wangdue (1 Night)
(Distance: 212 kms. / Driving Time: 8 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1310 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Punakha (4298 ft.). Reach Punakha by late afternoon. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Punakha/Wangdue.
Punakha/Wangdue – Paro Sightseeing (1 Night)
(Distance: 140 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Paro: 2280 mts.)
After breakfast drive to Paro (7,483 ft.). On the way stop at Lamperi to visit Royal Botanical Park. On arrival check in at the hotel. Afternoon visit Ta Dzong – National Museum with an excellent collection of arts, relics, religious thangkha, etc. Rinpung Dzong – Meaning “fortress of the heap of jewels”. The dzong now serves as the administrative and judicial seat of Paro. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
Paro Sightseeing (1 Night)
After breakfast hike to the famous Taktsang Monastery – called “Tiger’s Nest” (2hrs hike from the base camp). Later visit Drukgyel Dzong & Kyichu Monastery. Overnight stay at Paro.
Excursion to Chele-La-Pass (1 Night)
(Distance: 35 kms. One way / Driving Time: 2 hrs. / Altitude of Chele-La-Pass: 3810 mts.)
After breakfast excursion trip to Chele-La-Pass (13,088 ft.) – the highest motorable road in Bhutan. Enjoy the scenic beauty & memorable landscapes from Chele-La-Pass. Back to Paro. Rest of the day is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Paro.
After breakfast check out from hotel and drop at Paro Airport for your onward journey.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- A 24 – hour helpline.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Guide charges (Only Bhutan Portion).
- Air fare / train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- GST & Travel Insurance.
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
Note: We will use Ac Indigo for 02-03 heads and for 04 – 06 heads we will use Ac Innova.
|Destinations||Premium + (MAP)||Premium (MAP)||Classy(MAP)||Luxury (MAP)||Superior (MAP)||Delux (MAP)|
|Thimphu||Le Meridien (Classic)/ Similar||Le Meridien (Classic)/ Similar||Hotel Ariya / Ramada / Hotel Osel / Similar||Hotel Ariya / Ramada / Namgey Heritage / Similar||Dorjee Elements / Kisa / Pedling /Migmar / Similar||Amodhara / Bhutan Kubera / River Side / Om Tara / Similar|
|Punakha / Wangdue||Dhensa Boutique Resort / Similar||RKPO Green Resort / Similar||Drubchhu Resort / Zhingkham / Similar||Drubchhu Resort / Zhingkham / Similar||Punatsangchhu Cottage / Dragon Nest / Punakha Residency / Similar||Kingaling (Dlx)/ Pema Karpo / Similar|
|Bumthang||Yu-Gharling Resort / Jakar Village Lodge / Similar||Yu-Gharling Resort / Jakar Village Lodge / Similar||Yu-Gharling Resort / Jakar Village Lodge / Similar||Ugyenling (Suite) /Village Lodge/ River lodge (Sup. Dlx) / Similar||Ugyenling (Suite) / Lhasa Guest House / Hotel Peling / Kichu Resort / Similar||Ugyenling (Dlx) / Samyae Resort/ Wangchuk Lodge / Similar|
|Paro||Le Meridien (Deluxe) / Similar||Le Meridien (Classic) / Similar||Le Meridien (Classic)/ Similar||Tashi Namgay Resort / Tenzinling (Balcony Room) / Metta Resort / Golden Roots / Similar||Hotel Olathang / Dewachen Resort / Tashi Phuenshok / Bhutan Mandala Resort / Similar||Namsay Choling Resort / Taktsang Paradise/ Yanki Resort / Khamsum / Similar|
|Hotel Category Details|
|Premium+ Packages||5* Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Premium Packages||5* Equivalent hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Classy Packages||4* Deluxe hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Luxury Packages||4* Equivalent hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Superior Packages||3* Deluxe hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
|Deluxe Packages||3* Equivalent hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.|
- Please note packages with Highend Hotels like Uma Group of Hotels, Taj Tashi, Amankora rates are also available on case to case basis.
- Hotels serve both Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian food which would be basic & freshly prepared. Specific regional Indian cuisine will not be available. Only the basic Indian Vegetarian / Non – Vegetarian food can be arranged.
- The above mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per the room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category.
- We believe in giving value for money and we believe that quality comes with a price tag. We at AJ Travels Pvt Ltd. promise to provide the best of our services and keep by our commitments towards quality and the sensitivity of the services.
- Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
- Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date
- Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date
- 10% of full tour cost – 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
- 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
- 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.
- Remember to carry and other packings as per seasons and personal requirements (including hiking shoes)
- Please check with your mobile service provider for charges related to Bhutan
- Tobacco & Tobacco products are banned in Bhutan.
- Do not bring any plant or agricultural product out of Bhutan. It is illegal
- Credit cards are accepted in selected establishments in Bhutan.
- Usage of Drones is strictly prohibited in Bhutan.
- Photography is not allowed inside temples and Dzongs.
Terms & Conditions
- It is important that you follow the suggestions and instructions of your guide in order to have a memorable holiday in Bhutan.
- All the guides provided are trained and certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Indian travelers can carry Indian Currency in INR 100 denominations or smaller notes into Bhutan.
- Tobacco & Tobacco products are banned in Bhutan. However, travelers may carry limited quantity for their personal consumption in payment of taxes as may be applicable the entry points. Please do not use tobacco products in Public places.
- Remember to carry clothing as per the season and temperature in Bhutan during the time of travel.
- It is not recommended to hike to Tiger’s Nest (Takstang Monastery) when you are traveling with small kids. Roads are not like normal hiking as you have to pass through stiff stairs ups and downs.
- Please check with your mobile service provider for charges related to Bhutan.
- Do not bring any plant or agricultural product out of Bhutan. It is illegal.
- Credit cards are accepted in selected establishments in Bhutan. However, it is recommended that you speak with your service provider to find out about the acceptability of credit card in Bhutan.
- Please take off your hats while visiting Dzongs, monasteries and in front of the National Flag. And also ensure that you are properly dressed (such as long sleeves shirts and T Shirts, full pants and covered shoes) while visiting Dzongs, temples and other government offices.
- Taking pictures of some parts and items in the Temples and Dzongs are prohibited. Please follow the instructions from your guide.
- If you buy antiques from Bhutan, please ensure that you have valid bills and cash memo for the same. Bhutan has strict regulations for the same.
- Please be informed that the condition of the road to Bumthang is bad as widening works are going on. It is taking more than 12 Hours to reach Bumthang from Punakha. If there are any bookings for Bumthang, please be informed that beforehand on mandatory basis about the same so that the travelers come prepared.
- Camping facilities in Bhutan are very basic with simple Bhutanese food. Please do not expect international quality of camps in Bhutan.
- Duration : 11 Days & 10 Nights
- Places to Visit : Thimphu 2N – Wangdue / Punakha 2N – Bumthang 3N – Paro 3N