Anandpur Sahib was founded in June 1665 by the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur. He previously lived in Kiratpur, but given the disputes with Ram Rai – the elder son Guru Har Rai and other sects of Sikhism, he moved to village in Makhoval. He named it Chakk Nanaki after his mother. In 1675, Guru Tegh Bahadur was tortured and beheaded for refusing to convert to Islam under the orders of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb, a martyrdom that led Sikhs to rename the town to Anandpur and coronate his son Gobind Das (also known as Gobind Rai) as his successor and famous as Guru Gobind Singh.
|Places Covered||Virasat – E – Khalsa, Takht Sri Kehsgarh Sahib|
|Exclusions||Food / Personal Expenses|
Chandigarh – Anandpur sahib – Chandigarh ($110)
Sightseeing (Virasat – E – Khalsa, Takht Sri Kehsgarh Sahib)
Morning proceed to Anandpur Sahib (1 h 30 min 80 km). Arrive Anandpur Sahib and Visit Virasat – E – Khalsa visit A masterpiece of rich Sikh culture and religious history, the `Virasat-e-Khalsa` the birthplace of the Khalsa. Conceived as a repository of the rich heritage of the `Khalsa`, the museum showcases the history and culture of Punjab; the heritage complex has been built to emphasize the eternal message of the 10 Sikh Gurus.
If you think a Museum cannot exist without objects, think again! The amazing Virasat-e-Khalsa created by AmardeepBahl is a wonder which leaves you awe-struck and you have to keep going back to know more and more.
Virasat – E – Khalsa is closed on Monady
Later VisitTakht Sri Keshgarh Sahib : Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib is situated at Anandpur Sahib. It is the birthplace of the Khalsa. The order of the Khalsa was founded here by Guru Gobind Singh in 1699. Some of the weapons of Guru Gobind Singh are displayed here.
Later in evening return back to Chandiagrh.
- Deposit of 25% of the package cost at the time of booking.
- Need 50% payment of the package cost, 30 days prior to departure date
- Need 100% payment of the package cost, 15 days prior to departure date
- 10% of full tour cost – 60 days prior to arrival.
- 25% of full tour cost – 30 days prior to arrival.
- 50% of full tour cost – between 15 & 29 days prior to tour.
- 75% of full tour cost – between 14 & 7 days prior to tour
- 100% – within 7 days prior to tour.